Cloth Diaper Assistance Program
Salem Cloth Project provides families free cloth diaper kits, education and resources. If you're are struggling to afford the cost of disposable diapers & wipes, can't afford the upfront cost of purchasing cloth diapers or if you're just interested in testing out cloth diapering, our Assistance Program is for you.
The cloth diaper kits include cloth diapers, wipes, and cloth diapering essentials PLUS all of the education and training necessary to be successful in the transition to cloth diapers. If you are interested in participating in this program, please click on the link provided to fill out the interest form.
There are no requirements necessary to participate in our program however, we are committed to serving those with the greatest needs first. We will also be selecting candidates that are able to commit to participating in our education and training program as we believe that will help individuals be the most successful in the long run.
Once you've submitted the application, you will be contacted by our program coordinator to collect additional information. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose Cloth Diapers?
- Save money - by reducing the cost of purchasing disposable diapers and wipes, you can save between $1,500 - $2,000 while you're child is in diapers
- Reduce waste - 11,000 tons of disposable diapers are thrown away in Marion County, Oregon
- Less exposure to chemicals - disposable diapers can contain harmful chemicals or fragrances
- Potty train sooner - many parents have said their child was able to potty train sooner while using cloth diapers because their child could recognize that they were wet
Cloth Diaper Donations
In order to serve the greatest number of families, we rely on cloth diaper donations. Please consider donating to Salem Cloth Project so we can continue to offer this free service to the community. If you are interested in donating used cloth diapers, please email us at email@example.com.
Additional Cloth Diaper Education & Resources
Are you interested in using cloth diapers? Let us help! Here are some of our favorite resources to get you started. Contact us if you would like us to provide you with additional education and/or resources.
Cloth Diaper Style Comparison Video - All in Ones, Pockets, Prefolds? Don't let your head spin. Check out this video that will walk you through what each different cloth diaper style looks like.
How many cloth diapers do I need? - This all depends on how often you plan to wash your diapers. Check out this image for a quick reference guide.
Washing Cloth Diapers - Washing cloth diapers is different than washing your clothes, for obvious reasons. Check out this list of top 10 tips on how to wash diapers.
Washing Cloth Diapers Quick Tips:
- Wash diapers every 2-3 days
- Use Free & Clear detergent without fragrances or dyes
- Use the pre-rinse cycle on warm (without detergent) + heavy wash cycle and a second rinse on cold (with detergent)
- Air dry or use gentle cycle to prevent elastic from wearing out
Cloth Diapering Accessories:
- Wipes (cloth or disposable)
- Diaper Liners (if you're using pocket diapers)
- Snappi or pins (if you're using prefold or flats)
- Diaper Pail
- Diaper Pail Liner
- Wet Bags (on-the-go bags)
- Free & Clear Detergent
- Cloth Diaper Safe (zinc-free) Rash Cream
- Diaper Sprayer (optional)
- Laundry Drying Rack (optional)